| South West Region - American Begonia Society
Five Reasons to Hybridize Begonias.
- Hybridizing Assists in Preserving Begonia Diversity
- Hybridizing Gives Purpose to Learning about Begonias
Hybridizing Begonias is Very Possible and is Still Unlimited
- Begonia Plant Structure
- Begonia Plant Relationships
- Begonia History
Hybridizing Lets You Build Memories
Hybridizing Lets You Never Buy Gifts Again
- Begonia Flamingo Queen
- Begonia 'Mission Bells'
- Even in Semperflorens
- There are untold overlooked Parents
..And Five Ways to Do it right.
First, there are NO RULES! But if you want to do it seriously, these are guidelines most serious hybridizers would recommend.
- Become Expert at Seed Setting and Growing
- Know Begonias - Species, Hybrids
- Hybridize to Meet the Criteria of Uniqueness, Hardiness, Propagation Ease, and Beauty
- Take Time to Test
If It Is Good, Distribute It!
- Grow Plants to Maturity
- Test In A Variety of Settings
- If It's Great, Register It!
- Win an Alfred D. Robinson Medal for Your Hybrid
- Send Plants to Growers
- Use the Internet & E-bay
- Donate Plants to Local Branches, SWR, and ABS Sales
Author: Freda Holley